IPC/WHMA A-620 Certification
The IPC A 620 teaches cable and wire harness installation and fabrication. It presents a collection of visual, electrical and mechanical quality acceptability requirements for cable, wire and harness assemblies.
The course shows students how to identify target, acceptable, and process indicators and defect conditions for class 1, 2 and 3 manufacturing.
About the class
Course Length: 24 Hours
Recertification Course Length: 16 hours
Certification Length: 2 Years
- crimp terminations
- stampted and formed contacts
- insulation displacement connections
- ultrasonic welding
- soldered terminations
- molding and potting
- marking and labeling
- co-ax and twin-ax assembly
- wire bundle securing installation
- wire wrap (solderless)
CIT - Certified IPC Trainer
This course was developed in conjunction with the WHMA, Wire Harness Manufacturing Association and is the industry standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation
- This program provides the necessary skills to be able to instruct workers in how to correctly apply the acceptability criteria of IPC/WHMA-A-620
CIS - Certified IPC Specialist
This course is designed to improve individual discrimination skills, which means to improve accuracy of discriminating between an acceptable or not acceptable cable or wire harness assembly per the IPC/WHMA-A-620 document.
The objective of the course is to teach correct application of the standard, which defines acceptability criteria for crimped, mechanically secured and soldered interconnection and the corresponding lacing/restraining criteria associated with cable and harness assemblies.
Enhance your mechanical assembly and cable harness manufacturing skills and earn an internationally recognized two-year industry certification with this combined course
- Learn cable and connector identification, crimping, interconnect requirements, splicing, wire preparation and tinning, cable dressing and retention, routing requirements, marking, identification, and cable testing
Individuals who have completed requirements for the IPC-A-620 CIS or CIT courses will receive a certificate remain certified for two years.